Arts Advocacy and Policy
- Createquity: Archives from the former internationally-scoped arts policy think tank
- Dance/USA: The national service organization for dance companies
- See Chicago Dance: Chicago-based dance advocacy organization
Career and College Resources
- Accredited Schools Online / Art Guidebook: listings of art schools and colleges, as well as information and resources about financial aid and career paths for aspiring art and performing arts undergrads and graduate students. While this guide is more comprehensive for music and visual arts students, the resources available for dancers are growing.
- Affordable Colleges Online: small but growing list of visual and performing arts programs. This site also has comprehensive resources on art school scholarships, mental health in college, and applying for, managing, and paying back student loans.
- The Actors Fund serves all professionals – and not just actors! – in film, theater, television, music, opera, and dance through programs that address their unique and essential needs.
- Career Transitions for Dancers
- Chicago Artists Resource (CAR): a service of the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs with vast amounts of information and resources for dance, theatre, music and visual art.
Cross Training and Nutrition for Dancers
Dance Medicine and Dance Science Resources
Mental Health and Eating Disorders
Education and Teaching
Expressive Arts Therapies
- The Andréa Rizzo Foundation A non-profit corporation, the Foundation is dedicated to the growth and success of Dréa’s Dream, a dance therapy/expressive movement program for pediatric and young adult populations in hospitals, special education classrooms and medical settings throughout the country. The Andréa Rizzo Foundation is the only 501(c)(3) non profit organization in the United States that provides grants that directly fund dance/movement therapy programming exclusively for children with cancer and special needs. Programs are led by registered Dance/Movement Therapists (DTRs or ADTRs) . In addition, the Foundation funds expressive movement programs for the same pediatric population under the direction of dance professionals of the highest caliber.
- The Arts and Healing Network
- Arts in Therapy Network
- Expressive Therapy Concepts
- National Coalition for Creative Arts Therapies
- American Dance Therapy Association
Health Care and Insurance
Time and Space
The Kitchen Sink: Everything Else
- Ars Scientia: Conversations and Salons on Art and Science Exploring collaborations between artists and scientists through public Conversations and intimate Salons at the Chicago Cultural Center, beginning January, 2009.
- Arts Alliance Illinois The state’s leading voice for the arts and arts education, uniquely combining advocacy, service, and information to advance a creative and culturally vibrant state.
- Center for Cultural Innovation
- Chicago Artists’ Coalition A visual arts organization whose mission is to educate the general public on the value of art in society, while simultaneously providing support, advocacy, and professional development for artists, the art community and the improvement of artists’ living and working environments.
- The Future of Science is… Art
- Congress on Research in Dance Provides opportunities for dance professionals from a broad range of specialties to exchange ideas, resources, and methodologies through publication, international and regional conferences, and workshops. We encourage research in all aspects of dance and related fields and promote the accessibility of research materials.
- Dizzy Feet Foundation Founded in 2009 by Nigel Lithgow, Adam Shankman, Carrie Ann Inaba and Katie Holmes to support, improve, and increase access to dance in the United States
- Dancing Science
- Fractured Atlas A non-profit organization that provides services and support to artists and arts organizations.
- New York Foundation for the Arts A network of dance educators who aspire to safeguard the health and improve the performance of dancers through educational seminars, workshops and consultancy. Their services offer the latest research in the field of sports and dance medicine and science combined with a holistic mind/body approach.